Most Overplayed Classic Rock Songs
You love the bands but now you hate the songs? Pretty much.
You, and all of your friends, don't have enough fingers and toes to count the times you've heard these songs.
Strange how radio stations have the power to make a song great and use that same power to male it sad and tired.
I present to you a list of songs that crossed the threshold of epic into mediocre.
Every song on this list meets the following criteria:
- They're overplayed because the band is, in fact, a great band
- You know you're once favorite radio station is gonna play them at least twice in the same day
- You used to love the song
- Though you try hard to forget, you know all of the words
- It's a song that everyone knows, even if they're not rock music fans
- The band has many other and, also, waaaaay better songs
For me, this is THE list of songs that make me change the station - time and time again...
...at least one of the songs on this list made you cringe at the thought of hearing it one more time, change the station immediately, or, in extreme cases, resulted in the usage of your favorite four letter word. I mean what the f***k?!
These are still great songs, but I have to wonder- is it possible that American DJs don't listen to the full album? I'm more than a bit saddened by the death of a song's greatness.
...may they all rest in peace.
Is this a definitive list? Of course not. But it's a damn good start...
listen now or pin it for later
Nobody does you like you.
Have a playlist you'd like to share? Let me see it! Tag me anywhere to show me: